Board of Ed.
Meet the Board
Board Meeting Agenda
Board Meeting Minutes
District Safety Plan
Fire Safety Regulations
Board of Education Meeting Minutes
Public Participation at Regular Meetings of the Board of Education
Each regular meeting of the Board of Education shall provide an opportunity for members of the public to address agenda items and/or address the Board of Education.
However, matters which MAY NOT be addressed by the public in an open session of the meeting of the Board of Education are as follows:
- matters which will imperil the public safety if disclosed;
- any matter which may disclose the identity of a law enforcement agent or informer;
- information relating to current or future investigation or prosecution of a criminal offense which would imperil effective law enforcement if disclosed;
- discussions regarding proposed, pending or current litigation;
- collective negotiations pursuant to Article 14 of the current Civil Service Law (the Taylor Law):
- the medical, financial, credit or employment history of a particular person or corporation, or matters leading to the appointment, employment, promotion, demotion, discipline, suspension, dismissal or removal of a particular person or corporation;
- the preparation, grading or administration of examinations, and;
- the proposed acquisition, sale or lease of real property or the proposed acquisition of securities, or sale or exchange of securities, but only when publicity would substantially affect the value thereof;
- discussions concerning probable cause to bring disciplinary charges against a tenured teacher or administrator, and;
- discussions concerning the evaluation and/or placement of students with disabilities.
For the purpose of efficiently conducting the Board business, the Board President may limit the amount of time each member of the public may address the Board and/or otherwise restrict the number of members of the public which may address the Board at any particular Board meeting.
Revised January 2005
© copyright 2017, Hornell City School District and GST BOCES. All rights reserved.